SAN CLEMENTE, Calif., September 23, 2021 — Crossover Health, a national, team-based medical group, today published a new white paper, “Getting From Hype to Hybrid: Employees Deserve Integrated Care.” The paper includes findings from a retrospective study evaluating care seeking trends from more than 330,000 visits with Crossover providers over an 18-month period coinciding with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. It demonstrates the value of a fully integrated, team-based care model that delivers care across in person and virtual settings.
According to white paper author and Crossover Health Chief Medical Officer Stephen Ezeji-Okoye, MD, “It’s clear the future of employer-sponsored integrated care can’t be served by virtual-only or geographically-constrained offerings, and instead demands a thoughtful, evidence-based hybrid approach.”
Key takeaways from the report include:
- Neither virtual-only nor in-person-only care can meet all the needs of an employee population.
- For primary care, virtual visits accounted for over a third (39%) of all visits.
- For physical medicine, virtual visits only briefly surpassed in-person care, accounting on average for 20% of all visits in that discipline.
- For behavioral health, by contrast, virtual visits held steady as the dominant mode of care, accounting for nearly 75% of all visits.
- Patients moved organically between in-person and virtual visits over the study period.
- Nearly 9 in 10 patients started with an in-person primary care visit.
- Approximately 25% of patients received at least some virtual care.
- A team-based approach to primary care provided opportunities to screen and close care gaps that siloed, on-demand visits would likely have missed.
To view the complete white paper, visit the Crossover website here.
About Crossover Health
Crossover Health is a national, team-based medical group with a focus on wellbeing and prevention that extends beyond traditional sick care. The company delivers at scale an entirely new model of healthcare, Primary Health, built on the foundation of trusted relationships, an interdisciplinary care team approach, and value-based payment. Crossover’s Primary Health model integrates primary care, physical medicine, mental health, health coaching, care navigation and more, delivering care in surround-sound—in-person, virtually and via asynchronous messaging. Combining this with a sophisticated approach to data analytics and social determinants of health, Crossover delivers concrete results and measurable value for employers, payers, and most importantly, members. Together we are building a community that embraces healthcare as a proactive part of their lifestyle. To learn more, visit crossoverhealth.com or follow us on social media @crossoverhealth.
Weber Shandwick for Crossover Health